Thursday

January 1, 2009 #068 - New Year

I would like to wish you a Happy New Year and many Clear Skies for 2009!

My wife and I are spending the holidays on the shore of Lake Superior. There are 16 inches of snow and temperatures below zero here. It is wonderful, a winter out of a Currier & Ives print. Last night we went out for a celebratory early supper and were treated to a beautiful sight. The moon and Venus hung in the clear western sky, cold and sparkling.


I spent some time today catching up on web sites presenting information on the current probes orbiting, transiting to, or roving the solar system. The list is mind boggling: Mercury, Venus, Luna, Mars, Saturn and it's 60 plus moons, Pluto, Vesta and Ceres. NASA has a New Cassini portrait of Saturn that is now my current desktop. The clarity of this shot looking at the ringed planet takes my breath away.


A full size version in all it's glory can be found at:

http://ciclops.org/view/5155/Saturn_Four_Years_on


Clear Sky - Rich

No comments: