Friday

September 12, 2014 #139 - New Camera

My Canon EOS T1i bit the dust after many great days of providing sterling service. This was my first DSLR after using film with a Canon F1 from the early 1970's. I still have the F1 and just like my old tobacco pipe have periodic yearnings to pick it back up again after 40 years or so. To scratch my photographic itch, I purchased a Canon 70D Body and began the long learning curve to become proficient with the camera that wants to be a computer.

In my later years I have forsaken the darkroom. Instead of chemicals, negatives, and photo paper under red lights, I now work with a 64 bit processor, learning digital processing. RawTherapee is my processing program of choice. It's one of the best free Raw Processors I've tried, but it's not for the faint of heart. Most Raw programs deliver excellent results but mastering them takes much effort.

We are now on the shores of Lake Superior and just beginning our 6th. year of travel on the road, hauling several telescopes, in search of dark skies.

On the evening of 9/11 I used the 70D to catch the moon rise over the lake. The combination of the nearly full moon, water, and broken clouds held my awe for almost 3 hrs. before the 40 degree temp entered my bones.




 Clear Sky - Rich

No comments: