Friday

March 14, 2013 #135 - C/2011 L4 Pan-Starrs in 20X80 Binoculars

Went back to my lonely hill top observation area for some more comet watching last night. Set up my tripod and binoculars and just set back and watched till comet set. No camera to fuss over this time. Just a relaxing time at the eyepieces. Sky conditions here in the hill country of Texas have been excellent if you are following the western sky, but looking east to about 20% above the horizon you have the glow of the Austin - San Antonio light pollution.

I have been surprised that I have been unable to see it with eyes only, except for brief flashes with averted vision. The moon was above the comet tonight and the view crisp in the 20X80's. Many pinpoint stars in the field of view.

I worked up an impression of the view with a paint program on my laptop for tonight's BLOG.



Clear Sky - Rich

No comments: